News from Around Banderas Bay | June 2008
|El Arrayan Offers Summer Cooking Classes with New Chef|
Robin Noelle - Muńeca PR
Puerto Vallarta - Award winning Mexican restaurant, El Arrayan will again be hosting monthly cooking classes to teach participants special traditional recipes from owner Carmen Porras and new chef Mariano Valdés.
|El Arrayán owner Carmen Porras and new chef Mariano Valdés will be sharing some of their secrets during a series of cooking classes this summer. Space is limited, so call 222-7195 for reservations.|
The classes will take place on the second Tuesday of the month with the first class beginning on June 10th. There is limited space for this event and reservations are required.
Each class provides hands-on instruction in creating traditional Mexican dishes, using only the freshest product available. An effort is made to use local ingredients when appropriate and attendees will have an opportunity to learn about regional produce and local producers.
Each attendee will enjoy breakfast at a popular local restaurant, hands-on class participation, take-home printed recipes, an embroidered chef's apron and a full meal at El Arrayan (including one cocktail and Mexican wine.) Classes will be conducted in English. The fee for this introduction to Mexican cooking techniques and ingredients is $750 Pesos per-person (cash only, tips included.)
Recipes for the first two classes are as follows:
June 10th Class
• Sopitos Villa de Álvarez - handmade small thick corn sopes
• Panela Asada con Aalsa de Hierbabuena - panfried Panela cheese with green salsa and spearmint
• Mole Negro - Black Mole (muh~leh)
• Flan de Cajeta - Milk caramel spread flan
July 8th Class
• Plantain Empanadas - plantain turnovers filled with black beans and cheese
• Salsa Verde - fresh tomatillo and Serrano pepper salsa
• Ceviche Colima - baby scallops and avocado marinated with lime juice
• Pollo Chiquis - Auntie Chiquis' tomatillo-pasilla chicken
• Camote Glaseado, glazed yams
The number of participants is limited. Call 222-7195 after 6 pm to reserve your space. (Class will only take place with a minimum of five participants.) El Arrayán is located in El Centro on the corner of Allende and Miramar; just a short stroll from the Malecón.
For more information, visit ElArrayan.com.mx
Puerto Vallarta restaurant owners Carmen Porras and Claudia Victoria recently announced the addition of Chef Mariano Valdés to the El Arrayán family. Mariano is an experienced Mexican chef who will be offering unique specials and new twists on old favorites. Click HERE for more info.