News from Around Banderas Bay | October 2009
|BINGO for Beans & Babies Goes Out with a Bang!|
go to original
October 06, 2009
On Thursday, October 1, the closing party for BINGO for Beans and Babies was held at Bite me! Beach Club on Los Muertos Beach. Nearly 200 people turned out to party the evening away in support of Pasitos de Luz.
|Nearly 200 people turned out to celebrate the successful conclusion of 12 weekly games of BINGO for Beans and Babies, which raised a total of $147,997 pesos for Pasitos de Luz. (Photos by Josef Kandoll)|
The party was entitled 'Mad Hatter,' and the name turned out to be highly appropriate. Some truly astonishing head gear was in evidence, and we truly appreciated the hard work and imagination people put in to their mostly homemade creations.
Singer Kim Kuzma gave another truly terrific performance. Her amazing voice and charisma had the crowd on their feet dancing for most of the evening.
Over a 12 week period, BINGO for Beans and Babies, sponsored by Bite me! Beach Club, PVRPV – Puerto Vallarta Rentals and Xocodiva, raised a total of $147,997 pesos for Pasitos de Luz.
The October 1st wrap-up party was a celebration of the generosity and commitment of so many loyal BINGO fans. A big round of applause to everyone who attended, as well as to the many local businesses that pitched in to make this a success, donating both time and prizes.
Speaking of prizes, there were many lucky winners:
• The 50/50 draw of $2600 pesos was won by David Rohde
• Richard Burns won 6 nights with daily breakfast for two compliments of Blue Seas Resort & Spa
• Gerardo Guzman won 2 nights & 3 days at Molino de Agua compliments of Ross and Sandra
• Charlotte Semple won the sunset cruise for 8 compliments of Pegaso Chartering
• Jerry Wilson was the lucky winner of a cocktail party for 8 including canapés and wine compliments of Food By Seth
• Tracy Gehue won a 3 hour cruise for 12 compliments of Sail Vallarta
• An original painting by Cassandra Shaw was won by Javier Castañeda
• Jim Boland won 7 nights at Jardín del Almendro compliments of Tracy Parks
• 2 nights at Studio Sevilla in Conchas Chinas compliments of Ron Morgan was won by Pam Thompson of Healthcare Resources Puerto Vallarta
• Javier Castañeda won 2 nights at Molino de Agua Casa des Artistes compliments of Ron Morgan
• 2 nights at Casa Sevilla in Amapas compliments of Ron Morgan was won by Carolyn Songin
• Janice Dyment won 2 nights and 3 days in the penthouse suite compliments of Andales on the Bay
• A photo shoot compliments of Josef Kandoll was won by Chris Rhoden
• Mickey Adams won one year of free advertising on BanderasNews.com
• An original painting by Lalo Morales was won by Marsha Germaise
• Jim Brock won an original Manuel Morales ceramic vase compliments of T. Fuller Fine Art
• A Bronze Cuevas sculpture, “Indian Meditating” compliments of Unique Consignment was won by Dennis Smith
• And, the best hat prize, a stay at Las Alamandas Resort, was won by Lalo Morales, who created an incredible yellow duck Piñata - complete with candies and huge gaudy tail feathers. WOW!
But wait, there’s more! BINGO will continue for three more weeks, on Friday October 9, 16, and 23 at 6 pm in Bite me! Beach Club's oceanfront lounge. These next three BINGO games are being held in an effort to help the Botanical Gardens raise funds to plant 5000 bougainvillea bushes between the airport and Mismaloya. So come on out and let's help make Puerto Vallarta even more beautiful.
Bite me! Beach Club is located on Los Muertos Beach, at the foot of Calle Abedul, directly south of Hotel Tropicana. For more information, call (322) 223-1521 ext. 234. If you missed all the fun we had playing BINGO for Beans and Babies click HERE to learn more...