News from Around Banderas Bay
|Winter Solstice: Plant a Tree at Rancho el Limon|
Dana Doncaster - PVNN
December 16, 2010
Are you wondering what "on earth" to give to your loved ones for Christmas? Well, look no further! Why not give them a gift from nature? Give them a tree! Yes a tree... why not put something back on our planet and commemorate a person or a pet, a happy event, a relationship, a dream?
• Where will we plant? In the beautiful rural pastures of Rancho el Limon between Ixtapa and Las Palmas, just a 45 minute easy drive from Vallarta. You do not need a 4 wheel drive vehicle. Directions and meeting/pick-up points will be emailed to participants. For the sake of the environment we request you car pool wherever possible.
• Hardwood trees to choose from are one of the following: primavera, amapa, caoba (mahogany), rosa morada (rosewood), cedro rojo (red cedar).
• When will we plant? On the afternoon of the winter solstice Tuesday, December 21, 2010. Gates open at 2 pm. This beautiful and special event will be accompanied by a Native Ceremony of songs and verses to be performed with the tree planters. Each planter will be offered a simple welcome "sage cleansing" done in the traditional indigenous way by our master of ceremonies. There will be a solstice, earth and nature speech at the planting site and a salutation to the 4 directions with conch shell.
• The time of day to plant will be approximately 3-4 pm. After the planting there will be handmade corn tortillas cooked over our open fire and an organic soup/broth made from our home-grown produce at the ranch. Produce will be available to purchase and take away on the day.
• Staff will be on hand to help to plant the saplings if required.
• Plaque for the tree to bear your name or message.
• Welcome refreshments: tea, coffee, water, agua de fruta, tequila
• Price per participating planter, including any one tree from the list is $350 pesos. Additional visitor accompanying planter is $200 pesos. Pets are welcome but must be kept on lead. Ditto children! Family of 4 discount price $1000 pesos to include one tree. Under 10's go free.
• Numbers are limited and reservations are required.
• The 21st December 2010 is not just the Solstice but also a full moon. Sunset at 6:25 pm. Guests who do not need to drive home in daylight are welcome to stay later than 6 pm if they wish to enjoy the early evening ambiance at our ranch. The night skies are usually littered with stars!
How To Reserve:
For more information and to make a reservation please visit RanchoLimon.com, send us an email to rancholimon(at)gmail.com or call Alison at 322-102-0382 for bank deposit details.
We hope you can join us for this, our opening event, and have a relaxing and memorable experience.
Alison, Manuel and all at Rancho el Limon & Pura Vida Mexico - Your Retreat in the Countryside.
Rancho el Limon
Ex Hacienda de Tebelchia
Deleg. de Las Palmas
(322) 102-0382 Eng/Sp
044-322-174- 8986 Esp/Ingles