Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - Restaurant Week 2012 is the perfect time to try Kaiser Maximilian. Not only are they serving three fabulous courses for only $299 pesos, but they are also celebrating their 17th anniversary in Puerto Vallarta, so they'll be serving their special menu for lunch and dinner through June 15th.
"I'm so excited because we are offering almost our entire menu," says owner Andreas Rupprechter. "We will have eight appetizers, nine main courses and nine fabulous desserts, so this is a great time to visit the restaurant... maybe even more than once."
One of the appetizer choices is the beet and marinated carrot salad. There's a bed of mixed greens, then the marinated beets and carrots, which are tossed with some olive oil and fresh garlic. After these are plated there's a mixed berry dressing, a little pepper and this is topped with a generous slice of goat cheese with rosemary garnish.
There's a fillet of what is called 'salmon trout' because of its pink color, and it is one of the new main courses at the restaurant and also available for Restaurant Week. This is a very involved entree.
First the trout is seasoned with salt and pepper and drizzled with some olive oil and placed in the oven. For the ragout, a little olive oil to coat the pan, then tomatoes, almonds, a pinch of salt, ground black pepper and parsley are added. In another pan, a bit of olive oil, then fresh spinach, and a pinch of salt pepper, makes a simple side dish to go with the other strong flavors.
Plating the dish is a work of art. The chef starts with mashed potatoes mixed with celery puree, this is topped with the spinach, the two baked trout filets, the tomato and almond ragout is dispersed over all of this and it is further topped with a creamy white wine sauce. The garnish includes the roasted trout skin and some rosemary. Simply an incredible dish.
Another new menu item, and one of the Restaurant Week dessert choices, is the divine Chocolate Pot de Créme. A heavy chocolate mousse topped with a lighter caramel mousse, a little powdered chocolate and a bit of sea salt, served with two house made chocolate truffles and butter cookies on the side.
And let's not forget the restaurant's extensive wine list. Luis Alberto Peña, a long time waiter says, "We have a very nice wine selection and I'm going to help you pick the best wine to go with your meal."
Executive Chef Juan Carlos Palomera is proud to present the Restaurant Week 2012 Menu:
• Tossed garden lettuce with fresh herbs and roasted pumpkin seeds
• Spinach Strudel with mixed greens and tomatoes
• Caesar salad with crispy potato croutons
• Marinated beets and carrots, mixed berry sauce, fine greens and goat cheese
• Raviolis with fennel filling, prosciutto, wild mushrooms and tarragon sauce
• Red cabbage cream soup with roasted duck crust, potato dumpling
• Onion soup with white wine, toast and gratinated cheese
• Garlic and herb flavored bread soup
• Fillet of trout, white wine sauce, celery purée, spinach, tomato and almond ragout
• Red snapper fillet with risotto, cauliflower and smoked chilies
• Sautéed shrimp, grilled fish filet and chicken, rice stuffed sweet pepper, smoked chipotle sauce
• Beef tenderloin, creamy gorgonzola cheese, Brussels sprouts, onions and mushrooms, potato gratin
• Breast of chicken with rosemary on mashed potatoes, mustard-seed sauce and garlic roasted vegetables
• Roasted leg of veal on glazed vegetables, potato noodles and a light cream sauce with mushrooms
• Wienerschnitzel: Breaded pork loin with potatoes and Austrian salad
• Zwiebelrostbraten: Flat pounded beef loin covered with Austrian onion rings and sautéed potatoes
• Rahmschnitzel Sautéed pork loin scallops with homemade noodles and cream mushroom sauce
• Fried crepe with peach cream and flamed cherries
• Warm chocolate gooey cake with mint ice cream
• Warm chocolate bourbon tart with vanilla ice cream
• Vanilla ice cream covered with hot crepe and chocolate sauce
• Chocolate pot de crème, caramel mousse, sea salt
• Sacher chocolate cake and apple pastry
• Crème Brulée
• Copa Maximilian, vanilla ice cream, bananas and Kahlúa
• Strawberry Royal, yogurt ice cream with fresh strawberries
Not only does Kaiser Maximilian offer more choices than any other participating restaurant, but they will be offering their Restaurant Week menu through June 15th, and serving their specials from noon until 11 pm, so there's plenty of time to enjoy this fabulous cuisine.
Restaurant Week 2012 runs from May 15-31 at some of the most recognized restaurants in Puerto Vallarta. Don't miss the chance to dine at your favorite Banderas Bay area restaurant - and save a bundle! Click HERE for a preview of the menus some other participating restaurants are serving.Open Monday-Saturday from 8 am to 11 pm for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Kaiser Maximilian Restaurant & Cafe is located at Olas Altas #38B in the Zona Romántica of Puerto Vallarta. For reservations call (322) 223-0760 or visit KaiserMaximilian.com
Click HERE to read more about Kaiser Maximilian.