Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - Vallarta Food Tours debuts an original, one-of-a-kind Pitillal food tasting and historical experience.
Vallarta Food Tours (VFT) has crafted the unexpectedly eye-opening and expectation-exceeding "Best of Pitillal Food and Cultural Tour." In this tour, VFT uncovers life in a typical Mexican town.
Celebrating the food and culture of vibrant, colorful Pitillal, VFT's guided walking tours explore Mexico's sophisticated flavors and vast spectrum of regional cooking styles in a town untouched by tourism. The focus is on family-owned businesses where true artistry is paramount and things are still made by hand. This tour allows guests to experience life as a local; strolling the streets and beautiful square while learning about the history and sights of Pitillal - Vallarta's most undiscovered food destination.
Co-owner Lindsay Prime's commitment to increasing exposure to Mexico's authentic, local eateries is evident in VFT's well-thought out tour stops. "People often ask about Pitillal, but are at a loss of where to begin," Lindsay enthusiastically says. "We did the homework for you. We found all the best foods Pitillal has to offer. Even better, all dishes are served with a side of history and culture!"
VFT's Best of Pitillal tour (pronounced "pee-tee-yall,"), visits nine authentic tasting locations in the quintessentially Mexican Pitillal community - enough for lunch - including:
• Neto’s Tacos - Neto himself cooks up Pitillal’s best carnitas (little meats) fresh each morning. Here you are also in for a special treat – Coke straight from a bottle. Just how they used to do it!
• Robles - Originating in the state of Jalisco, this slow-cooked meat stew is marinated in aromatic red chiles and served up in delectable tacos. Here we try the soup complete with handmade corn tortillas.
• Pichis - A staple for the freshest fish in Pitillal, Pichis is frequented by locals in the know.
• La Tianita - This tamale making family turned restaurateurs, churns out the best tamales in the bay! Only open for dinners on weekends, we have the exclusive entry for our tours.
• Villasenor Paleteria - Pitillal’s oldest family run Paleteria since 1951. These Mexican style popsicles are a hit using only the freshest ingredients.
The Best of Pitillal Food Tasting & Cultural Walking Tour is ideal for Puerto Vallarta residents and travelers eager to discover the culinary secrets, authentic traditions, and history of this extraordinary, off the beaten path neighborhood. Whether vacationing in Puerto Vallarta for the first time or a proud Vallarta resident, VFT guarantees guests will walk away with a greater understanding of this hidden cultural gem!Vallarta Food Tours offers unique food and cultural walking tours. Suitable for all fitness levels. Tours are offered throughout the year Wednesdays and Saturdays at 10:30 am. Tickets may be purchased online or by phone at 888-457-2210 from the USA or Canada, or (322) 182-7196.