Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - This October, ART VallARTa will be reopening for an exciting fall season, with weekly classes and events. And, since food is Art when prepared with heart and soul, owner Nathalie Herling will be conducting "The Art of Creative Clay Cooking" classes and workshops in the studio's authentic Mexican tile ART Kitchen.
In these classes, held on the 8th Floor of the San Franciscan Building overlooking the fabulous Bay of Banderas, you'll learn how to use traditional Mexican and international clay and stone cookware to create traditional recipes from around the world, which Nathalie likes to call "artful comidas." In the workshops, you'll learn how to pick and season a clay cooking pot, how to find the freshest ingredients at local fish, produce, and meat markets, and how to create artful tables settings.
2014-2015 Creative Clay Cooking Classes and Workshops
• Chili en Nogada of the Nuns – Oct 2014
• Day of the Dead – Sugar Skulls, Mole, and Altar offerings – Oct 2014
• Indigenous Thanksgiving – Nov 2014
• Colombia Folkart and Cooking – Dec 2014
• Tamale and Cafe de Olla Fiesta – Dec 2014
• Building an outdoor clay oven and stove – Jan 2015
• Food stands and food painting fun – Jan 2015
• The Food Markets of Vallarta – from Farm to Table – Jan and March 2015
• Cazuela full of Seafood – March 2015
• Handmade Entertaining Workshop – Create your dinnerware & dinner! – Feb 2015
• Romantic Aphrodisiac Foods of Mexico – Feb, 2015
• HOLY MOLE MOROCCAN – Tuesday, March 11th, 2015, 5:30–9 DETAILS
• Handmade Entertaining Workshop – Create your dinnerware & dinner!
• Cooking with flowers – pick and create floral dishes – March 2015
• Fiesta Fete – French Mexican Comida – July 2015
We will explore every aspect of La Comida International from the vessel it is prepared in, the selection of ingredients and how the sauce is stirred, to the moments of presentation and enjoyment. After each cooking class, we'll dine on the dishes we've created.For more information, visit artvallarta.com.