Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - A true master passes on all he knows to his students and they transform this education into ideas of their own. During the XXII Puerto Vallarta International Gourmet Festival at Kaiser Maximilian Restaurant, two assistants to one of Austria's most decorated chefs will be guest chefs during the event, which runs November 12 to 20, 2016.
Chef Martin Sieberer is the culinary artist at the Trofana Royal Hotel, which is the only 5-star hotel in Austria. He is Tyrol's most decorated chef. Tyrol is a western Austrian state in the Alps that's known for its ski resorts, historic sites and folk traditions.
In 1996 Sieberer began working at the Trofana Royal and just two years later began receiving awards. Gault Millau is an influential French restaurant guide and it rates on the quality of the food, service, price and atmosphere. This prestigious magazine made him "Newcomer of the Year" in 1998 and they continue to award him highly, including "Chef of the Year" in 2000. He has also received a Michelin star.
During the XXII International Gourmet Festival, his protégés, Johannes Weinberger and Lida Zebedin, will interpret the culinary art of Martin Sieberer. Both Johannes and Lida have worked in great Austrian restaurants in Carinthia and Styria before joining Sieberer, so you know they will be serving you some of the best Austrian cuisine that has ever been available in Vallarta.
The Festival Gourmet Menu at Kaiser Maximilian will be served November 12 through December 17, 2016 from 12 noon to 11 pm, and includes:
• "Garnelen" - Jumbo Shrimp Diavolo with chile, garlic bread and zucchini
• "Thunfisch" - Tuna Carpaccio with mixed greens, cucumber and sun dried tomatoes
• "Backhendl" - Fried Chicken, potato salad, mixed greens with pumpkin seed oil vinaigrette
• "Wachtel" - Roasted Quail with porcini risotto and Parmesan
• "Kalbsgelee" - Veal Terrine with horseradish, tomatoes, mixed greens and pumpkin seeds
• "Klare Steinpilzsuppe" - Warm, Clear Porcini Consommé served in a different way
• "Fischfillet" - Fish fillet sautéed with egg and Parmesan, tomato risotto and shallots
• "Lachsforelle" - Salmon Trout Fillet with Speck raisin nage, herbs and celery purée
• "Rindsfillet" - Beef Fillet with potato au gratin, shallot ravioli, fine vegetables and red wine sauce
• "Lammschnitzel" - Sautéed Lamb Escalops with prosciutto and sage with polenta and green beans
• "Hirsch" - Venison with onion crust, chestnut custard and saffron apples
• "Mangopalatschinken" - Hot Crepe with mango and chocolate sauce
• "Eisreindling" - Apple Dumplings with cranberries, raisins and honey parfait
• Cottage Cheese Dumpling with berries
The regular a la carte menu will also be available.
Kaiser Maximilian will have its special Chef's Table on Tuesday, November 15, 2016. It is a six course dinner with wine pairings. This wonderful evening will begin at 8 pm. There is only one seating and the cost is $1500 pesos per person. Reservations are recommended, (322) 223-0760.
Martin is one of those artists who is dedicated to the emphasis and reinterpretation of regional cuisine. This combination of traditional foods with new forms of preparation, some playfulness and unusual effects characterizes the Tyrolean's cuisine style. You will have the chance to enjoy it all at Kaiser Maximilian during the XXII International Festival Gourmet in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
Open Monday-Saturday from 8 am to 11 pm for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Kaiser Maximilian Restaurant & Cafe is located at Olas Altas #38B in the Zona Romántica of Puerto Vallarta. For reservations call (322) 223-0760 or visit KaiserMaximilian.com
Click HERE to read more about Kaiser Maximilian.