Riviera Nayarit, Mexico - When Villa La Estancia Riviera Nayarit debuted its Cuisine of the Sun International Food & Wine Festival in 2016, attendees displayed their support for a "second helping."
The AAA Four Diamond beachfront resort's general manager, Oliver Coupat, notes that he was overwhelmed by the outstanding performances and energetic demonstrations put on by the festival's star-studded line up. "The supreme talents of each of the chefs, sommeliers and mixologists made the five-day Cuisine of the Sun Festival a true success. And we are genuinely grateful for each of their contributions," says Coupat. "We are so happy to have been able to share it with our friends and valued guests."
Cuisine of the Sun will showcase the talents, dishes and libations of culinary gurus from the US and Latin America via a variety of entertaining activities designed to engage foodies from the appetizer through dessert.
Whether soaking in the expertise of stellar chefs and sommeliers during workshops, savoring flavors while attending an elegant dinner alongside famous foodies or participating in the SugarFoods-sponsored Chopped Challenge, Coupat assures that it should be a toothsome fare affair.
"Curated for the second time by Food Network celebrity chef and USFOODS culinary specialist, Penny Davidi, Cuisine of the Sun will bring together some of the biggest names in the food and wine industry," says Coupat.
Among those already committing to participate are:
• Chef Penny Davidi – The first ever Middle Eastern finalist in the Food Network's popular show, Food Network Star
• Gilles Epie – A two-time Michelin starred chef, expert food correspondent for the BBC, and owner and chef of Citrus Etoile in Paris
• Rahm Fama – Meat-loving host of the Food Network's Meat and Potatoes
• Chris Kyler – Food Network Star Season 10 finalist who uses his lively personality for presenting humorous presentations
• Martita Jara – Professional chef, interior designer and first generation Mexican American considered a master of Mexican flavors
• Cloyce Martin – A dedicated "child prodigy" teenage chef most famous for his role in A&E Networks' Man vs. Child: Chef Showdown
• Pat Neely – Television personality, restaurateur, author and co-owner of Neely's Bar-B-Cue restaurant in downtown Memphis
• Michel Ragussis – Food Network star and Executive Chef in seafood-oriented restaurants along the East Coast
• Davina Thomasula – Formerly listed among the Top Ten Bartenders in NYC by TimeOut
• Dakota Weiss – Executive Chef at Nine-Thirty restaurant and The Backyard at the W Westwood
From cooking demonstrations, classes and challenges to parties and fashion shows - not to mention lots of fabulous food! - the 2017 edition of Cuisine of the Sun promises to be a sensory delight.
Avid foodies can opt for booking a Villa La Estancia Riviera Nayarit resort package that includes a special room rate extended to guests attending all Cuisine of the Sun sessions. For those preferring to take it one day at a time, single day packages covering shows, chef demonstrations and dinner will also be extended to resort guests and local residents for a special per-day fee.For more information and the full schedule of activities, visit villagroupresorts.com