Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - A warm welcome back to our 'snowbirds'! It has been a whirlwind summer and now we are swiftly headed into the hustle and bustle of 'high season' in Puerto Vallarta. As always, HealthCare Resources is here for all of your health care needs.
"Movember" in Puerto Vallarta
Movember is all about Men's Health - specifically focusing on promoting awareness of Prostate and Testicular cancer. We have so many activities going on that we have created a completely separate calendar, which includes Speakers programs, an Open House and some very special priced packages and will be published right here on BanderasNews.com - real soon!
We are happy to schedule any diagnostic studies (you do not need to see a physician to do this). Lab work, CT scans, MRI, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy - and many more. We are also happy to translate the results. Then, if needed and depending on the results, we can arrange a follow up consult with a physician to review the results.
Has it been awhile since your last physical? We have an extensive Check Up package for Men and Women that includes a follow up consult and exam with an excellent, bi-lingual physician. The Check-ups cost $5,400 pesos and are By Appointment Only.
Men's Check Up: CBC, Glucose, Creatinine, Uric Acid, Triglycerides, Total Cholesterol, HDL, LDL, TGO, TGP, GGT, Sodium, Potassium, Febrile Reactions, T4 Total, PSA Total, Urinalysis, Coproparasites (stool sample), EKG, Abdominal Ultrasound, and a Chest X-ray.
Women's Check Up: CBC, Protime, Glucose, Creatinine, Uric Acid, Total Cholesterol, Triglycerides, HDL Cholesterol, LDL Cholesterol, A/G Relation, Bilirubin, TGO, TGP, GGT, Sodium, Potassium, Febrile Reactions, T4 Total, FSH, Urinalysis, Stool Sample, EKG, Abdominal Ultrasound, and a Chest X-ray.
November Clinics Schedule
Our clinics fill quickly! To participate, please send an email to pamela(at)healthcareresourcespv.com indicating which clinic you would like to participate in. We attempt to arrange the time preference (if you have one) so please include that in your email. If the clinic dates fill, we often add additional dates. We offer clinics every month (except September).
November 10, 17 & 24, 2017
1,750 pesos - PLUS members pay 1,650 pesos
Includes a digital mammogram using low-radiation technique, breast ultrasound (if deemed necessary), manual exam and a complete review and explanation of your films. These are performed by a breast specialist and an oncologist.
November 15 & 22, 2017
Price: 650 pesos - PLUS members pay 600 pesos
Includes consult/interview with a cardiologist, EKG, Blood Pressure check. We recommend that prior to your appointment, you have a cholesterol profile and we are offering this at a discounted price. (This is an amazing savings - outside of our clinic, the price for this is 1,200 pesos).
November 15 & 22, 2017
Price: 425 pesos - PLUS members pay 375 pesos
These clinics are performed by an ENT who will check inside your ears and clean if necessary. Note: This is NOT a hearing test! We do have a wonderful audiologist if you need a hearing test.
November 16 & 23, 2017
Price: 350 pesos - PLUS members pay 300 pesos
This is a skin cancer screening check by an oncologist (not by a dermatologist). He checks from your scalp all the way to the bottoms of your feet.
November 16, 2017
Price: 800 pesos - PLUS members pay 725 pesos
Includes physical exam to measure urethral angle, pelvic floor muscles, pelvic ultrasound and full urological consultation. Recommend urinalysis prior to clinic (at discounted price). (Regular price for this would be 1,200 pesos)
November 17, 2017
Price: 400 pesos - PLUS members pay 350 pesos
Our Vascular specialist will evaluate your blood flow, varicose veins, and your risk factors for vascular disease.
November 21 & 24, 2017
Price: 300 pesos - PLUS members pay 250 pesos
Have a complete evaluation of your feet and toes by our foot specialist. Check for fungus, corns, and bunions - the works! Our feet take a beating on the cobblestones here. ***BONUS*** All participants in the Foot Clinic have the opportunity to have a wonderful Medical Pedicure the day of the clinic at the cost of 100 pesos! (Regular price: 300 pesos)
November 13 & 27, 2017
Price: 425 pesos - PLUS members pay 400 pesos
Vision exam, pressure test for glaucoma, exam and evaluation by an ophthalmologist.
November 28 & 29, 2017
775 pesos - PLUS members pay 690 pesos
Includes consult, Pap smear, pelvic exam by a female GYN.
1,000 pesos - PLUS members pay 900 pesos
Includes consult, Pap smear, pelvic exam and trans-vaginal ultrasound by a female GYN.
November 28, 2017
Price: 550 pesos - PLUS Members 500 pesos
A complete evaluation by our lung specialist along with recommendations. We require a basic chest X-ray to be performed prior to the clinic (we set up at a discounted price).
November 29 & 30, 2017
Price: 450 pesos - PLUS members pay 400 pesos
Includes consult/interview with our endocrinologist. We highly recommend a thyroid profile (lab study) prior to the appointment. We offer this at a discounted price.
This & That
• We do not sell insurance - but we do have a lot of information and work with several agents. Feel free to email for information/questions.
• Plus Program: What is the PLUS program? It is a few "extra perks" for members BUT it is important to remember - one does NOT need to be a PLUS member to receive our services! Click HERE for more details. Email if you have questions.
• We work with the charity 'Canica.' This is a group of very poor children with cancer. We collect monthly food donations and supplies and provide a breakfast each month. If you would like to be on our Canica email list please let me know.
• We also collect hotel sized soaps, shampoos, washcloths and other hygiene items for the Regional Hospital (state hospital) as well as newborn clothes/receiving blankets/items. Anything you can donate is very much appreciated.
• Articles: I am enjoying writing a weekly health column for the PV Tribune. Updated each week, you can read all of the articles online at vallartatribune.com. Have a look!
• We have the Dengue Vaccine, Shingles Vaccine and Pneumonia Vaccine available. For further information, please send an email to pamela(at)healthcareresourcespv.com.
• This year's flu vaccines are available for free at the Salud (Health Department).
• We are in the planning stages of a Chronic Pain Support Group. If you are interested in participating, please send an email pamela(at)healthcareresourcespv.com.
• For the 1000th time, I do not work on a commission/referral fee. I have individual contracts with our physicians and hospitals.
• Do you have an Emergency Plan? If not, you should! I have put together some basic information in an email. If you would like the information, just email me a request.
• We now have the 'I have fallen and cannot get up' emergency button/system. For further information, please send an email request.
• Would you like to sit down, have a chat and work out a basic health plan, obtain information? I am happy to do that! Just send me an email request.
• If you are a patient of the cardiologist, Dra. Leslie Swindle, she is currently at CMQ Premiere Hospital and will also begin seeing patients at the new CMQ in Bucerias once it opens (soon), as will Dr. Antonio Matilla (internist) and Dr. Diaz-Nunez (ENT). For information, please email me.
How lucky are we to be here in Puerto Vallarta? Whether we call this "home" or are just here for the winter months, let's try to treat her gently. And one another as well.Here's to a phenomenal November!
Pamela Thompson has lived and worked in Puerto Vallarta for over 20 years, 10 of them in health care. Pamela now leads HealthCare Resources Puerto Vallarta, a local healthcare resource network. Her years of experience and expertise are available to you by emailing your questions to pamela(at)healthcareresourcespv.com or by visiting HealthCareResourcesPV.com.
Click HERE to learn more about the health and well-being services offered by HealthCare Resources Puerto Vallarta.