Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - The 23rd Vallarta Festival Gourmet International may be over, but you can still enjoy the guest chef's special Austrian menu at Kaiser Maximilian until December 16. Some of these items may even become part of the regular menu at this popular Romantic Zone restaurant.
The restaurant featured Executive Chef Stefan Glantschnig and his Sous Chef Daniel Thür from the Waldhof Resort in Scheffau am Walden Kaiser, Austria. Stefan won Junge Wilde 2017 in Hamburg, Germany. This contest showcases chefs under 30 years of age and had over 2400 participants. The award translates to "Young and Wild," and Glantschnig says he is taking local cuisine to the next level.
"I think the festival was a great opportunity that brought many different chefs together," said Stefan, "We celebrated food at its best." Stefan throughly enjoyed his first trip to Mexico and hopes to visit again soon.
Here is Stefan's Austrian-inspired a la carte menu:
Vorspeisen - Appetizers
• Paprika, goat cheese, cumin and turnip
• Carpaccio vom Thunfisch - Tuna carpaccio, oranges, quince with pita bread
• Jakobsmuschel - Diver scallops, dashi, celery, ginger and parsley
• Entenleber - Fois gras, brioche, melon, pumpkin and orange
Zwischengerichte - Second Appetizers
• Goldfisch - Mahi Mahi, radish, camomile, cardamom vinaigrette and olives
• Gnocchi, pumpkin, nut butter foam and walnuts
• Ravioli with mushrooms, chile, almonds and celery
Hauptgänge - Main Courses
• Wachtel - Quail served with plum, mashed potatoes, roasted onions and tantori massala
• Rotbarsch - Red Snapper served with faba beans, clear fish soup, purslane and lemon
• Lamm - Lamb, cous cous, peking duck lack, fermented pepper and celery purée
• Rosini - Beef fillet, duck liver, truffel, mashed potatoes and baby carrots
• Kalbsbries - Veal sweetbreads, beets, pumpkin and curry sauce
Nachtisch - Desserts
• Zitronen Tarte - Lemon tart with ricotta, confit and walnuts
• Joghurt withberries and short bread
The regular a la carte menu is also available. The special menu is served from noon until 11 pm at Kaiser Maximilian Espresso Bar, Olas Altas 380-C and from 6 to 11 pm in The Main Dining Room, Olas Altas 380-B. Sample some of Austria's most innovating and best-tasting inventions at Kaiser Maximilian.
Open Monday-Saturday from 8 am to 11 pm for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Kaiser Maximilian Restaurant & Cafe is located at Olas Altas #38B in the Zona Romántica of Puerto Vallarta. For reservations call (322) 223-0760 or visit KaiserMaximilian.com
Click HERE to read more about Kaiser Maximilian.