Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - A February holiday has been recognized for thousands of years. Its history has several beginnings.
The tradition of Valentine's Day is believed to have originated from the pagan customs of the third or fourth century BC when the Parentalia and Feralia Festivals of Purification were celebrated in ancient Rome between February 13 and February 18. This was also the time of a Fertility Festival which celebrated a young man's rite of passage and involved animal sacrifices and fertility rituals.
With the appearance of Christianity, priests attempted to replace such ancient heathen practices. In the fifth century AD, the church resolved to abolish this pagan celebration by creating its own holiday around the same date and selecting a saint who was remembered for his devotion to love. Saint Valentine became the official Patron Saint of Love and the holiday continued to evolve.
You can celebrate this sweetheart of a holiday at Kaiser Maximilian with a tempting, special four course menu for $750 pesos per person, and there are choices for each course. Executive Chef Juan Carlos Palomer has created extraordinary selections for this special occasion.
The Espresso Bar will be serving Valentine's Menu dinner on February 14 from 5 pm to 11 pm. The Main Dining Room will start serving at 6 pm and stay open until 11 pm. The regular a la carte menu will not be available on this special night.
Kaiser Maximilian's Valentine's Dinner Menu
STARTERS (Select One)
• Spinach Strudel with mixed greens
• Cesar Salad with crispy potato croutons
• Marinated Beets and Carrots, fine greens, goat cheese
• Duck Confit Salad, sherry vinaigrette, squash, pears, winter greens
• Tuna Carpaccio, greens, cucumber, tomatoes
• Marinated Salmon with hearts of palm salad
APPETIZERS (Select One)
• Mushroom Cream with quinoa, roasted chilies
• Manhattan Clam Chowder, gnocchi, bacon, tomatoes
• Onion Soup with white wine, toast, gratinated cheese
• Crab Cake with avocado purée, tequila lime glace, glass leeks
• Roasted Quail, mushroom risotto, parmesan
• Raviolis with fennel filling, prosciutto, mushrooms, tarragon sauce
• Escargot, snails in puff pastry, garlic butter, Pernod sauce
MAIN COURSES (Select One)
• Salmon Fillet with Angel hair pasta, mozzarella, asparagus, red wine sauce
• Red Snapper Fillet with prawn, celery and fennel
• Beef Tenderloin, tomato tart tatin, mushrooms, asparagus, mint, sauce bordelaise
• Roasted Leg of Veal, glazed vegetables, Spätzle and mushroom sauce
• Zwiebelrostbraten, flat pounded beef loin, onion rings, sautéed potatoes
• Spiced Duck Breast, farro risotto and fig jus
• Rosemary Chicken Breast, mashed potatoes, mustard seed sauce, roasted vegetables
• Veal Scaloppini with twice-baked potato and creamed spinach
• Pork Chop with nut chutney, sweet potatoes, sautéed endives
• Wienerschnitzel, breaded pork loin with potatoes, Austrian salad
• Rahmschnitzel, sautéed pork loin escalopes, noodles, cream mushroom sauce
DESSERTS (Select One)
• Fried Crepe with peach cream, flamed cherries, yogurt ice cream
• Warm Pecan Chocolate Bourbon Tart, vanilla ice cream
• Vanilla Ice Cream covered with a hot crepe, chocolate sauce with pecans
• Chocolat Pot de Crème, caramel mousse, sea salt
• Sour Cream Cheesecake, coconut crust, rum poached pineapple
• Apple Strudel with vanilla ice cream
• Sachertorte, chocolate cake with mint ice cream
• Panna Cotta with berries and passionfruit sorbet
• Crème Brulée
Make plans now to enjoy this romantic dinner at Kaiser Maximilian Restaurant for just $750 pesos per person, tip not included. Please call 223-0760 or 222-5058 to make reservations for February 14, 2018, so you can secure your table & time at Espresso Bar or the Main Dining Room.
Open Monday-Saturday from 8 am to 11 pm for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Kaiser Maximilian Restaurant & Cafe is located at Olas Altas #38B in the Zona Romántica of Puerto Vallarta. For reservations call (322) 223-0760 or visit KaiserMaximilian.com
Click HERE to read more about Kaiser Maximilian.