Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - Mexico's National Botanical Garden Day will be celebrated this year on April 28. Created in 2006 by the National Association of Botanical Gardens (AMJB), whose main objective is to raise awareness about botanical gardens and their role in the conservation and protection of the environment.
The celebration, which takes place simultaneously in cities across the country, is a day to enjoy the gardens, to enjoy the beauty of plants, and to understand the role they play in our lives.
Vallarta Botanical Garden will celebrate National Botanical Gardens Day by offering a day of family-friendly activities on Saturday, April 28 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, including:
• "Sacred Mexican Plants" photo exposition
• Guided tours of the Garden every hour from 10 am to 2 pm
• Art with Seeds for kids and adults from 10 am to 12 pm
• Música Wixarica (traditional Huichol music) at 3 pm
• "Orchids of Mexico" lecture by T.J. Hartung at 12 pm
• "Plantas Medicinales" talk and walk at 1 pm
• "El Peyote, Cactus Sagrado de los Wixarica" by Dra. Carmen Anaya at 2 pm
• "Elaboración de Ojos de Dios" Marakame Alfonso González & Victor Hugo Ochoa at 10 am
• Orchid Repotting with Bruce Beckler at 10 am
• "Propagación de Plantas" with Centeotl Aragón at 10:30 am
Space in the workshops is limited. To reserve your place send an email to escolar(at)vbgardens.org.
While there, visitors may also explore the Vallarta Botanical Garden's inspirationally landscaped grounds, fascinating botanical collections, impressive plant conservatories and adventurous trails through the forest preserve, so make plans now to come out on April 28, 2018 for an amazing day of discovery!
Visit the internationally famous Vallarta Botanical Garden located just 30 minutes south of Old Town at Km. 24 on Highway 200 and easily accessible by public transportation and taxi. This 64 acre wildlife preserve and botanical garden have something fun for everyone. Over 200 species of birds have been observed on the Garden's grounds. Don't forget to bring your swimsuit for a refreshing dip in the jungle river. See plantings of vanilla, chocolate, and hundreds of other botanical delights! Authentic Mexican Cuisine is served in the Hacienda de Oro Restaurant from 10 am to 5 pm. The Garden is open daily from 9 am to 6 pm (closed Mondays from April 1 to December 1). Garden admission is just $200 pesos. For more information, call (322) 223-6182 or visit vbgardens.org.
Click HERE to learn more about Vallarta Botanical Gardens.