Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - Regardless of the country or culture, Mother's Day is always celebrated with great enthusiasm, as children around the world honor and thank their mothers for all that they do.
In Mexico, Mother's Day, called 'El Día de la Madre,' is celebrated on May 10th. And it is a very big deal. The day begins with music, as children go to Mom's house early in the morning to awaken her with song. Afterwards, mothers are presented with gifts.
Flowers are a must, but the day is also filled with music, food, celebrations, which is why May 10 is the busiest day of the year for restaurants in Mexico.
Taking Mom out for a delicious meal that she doesn't have to cook is one of the best ways to show Mom your appreciation, so make plans now to pamper her during the extended Mother's Day celebration at Kaiser Maximilian Restaurant.
From May 10-12, this charming European-style café in the heart of the Romantic Zone is serving a special three-course menu, with choices for each course, from 12 noon until 11 pm. Executive Chef Juan Carlos Palomer has created some wonderful selections especially for the occasion.
• Tuna Carpaccio with mixed greens, cucumber, tomatoes
• Raviolis with fennel filling, prosciutto, mushrooms, tarragon sauce
• Roasted Quail with mushroom risotto and parmesan
• Coffee Spiced Beef Tenderloin, sauce Foyot, vegetables, potato gratin
• Red Snapper Fillet with shrimp sauce, celery and fennel
• Veal Scaloppini with twice-baked potato and creameds pinach
• Chocolat Pot de Crème, caramel mousse, sea salt
• Vanilla Ice Cream covered with a hot crepe, chocolate sauce with pecans
• Sachertorte, chocolate cake with mint ice cream
Pamper Mom, treat the entire family - or just indulge yourself! - to a wonderful lunch or dinner for only $466 pesos at Kaiser Maximilian, where you can savor the flavors of Europe in Puerto Vallarta at the restaurant's sidewalk café or air-conditioned dining room.
Reservation for Kaiser Maximilian's Mother's Day celebration are strongly recommended and can be made by calling 223-0769 or 222-5058.
Open Monday-Saturday from 8 am to 11 pm for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Kaiser Maximilian Restaurant & Cafe is located at Olas Altas #38B in the Zona Romántica of Puerto Vallarta. For reservations call (322) 223-0760 or visit KaiserMaximilian.com
Click HERE to read more about Kaiser Maximilian.