Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - Food is always an important part of Mexican celebrations so, to commemorate Las Fiestas Patrias, Kaiser Maximilian is serving up a special dinner menu featuring traditional Mexican dishes with an elegant and modern spin throughout the patriotic month of September.
Don't miss their special Chiles en Nogada, the Mexican dish that is most emblematic of the holiday. A specialty of Puebla, Chiles en Nogada are not your everyday chiles rellenos. Made from red, white and green ingredients to symbolize the colors of the Mexican flag, they are roasted chiles poblanos stuffed with a sweet-savory pork and fruit picadillo filling and served at room temperature with a delicate fresh walnut cream sauce topped with pomegranate seeds.
• Traditional Chile en Nogada - $148 Pesos
• Vegetarian Chile en Nogada - $139 Pesos
• Tacos with duck confit, mole, red onion - $128 Pesos
• Chile Poblano Cream Soup with corn and cheese - $108 Pesos
• Stuffed quail with peanut sauce, corn purée - $310 Pesos
• Fish fillet and shrimp, chile sauce, tropical rice, jícama and mango salad - $330 Pesos
• Banana Split, served a different way, with banana tartlett - $105 Pesos
In addition to the traditional Mexican favorites being served up at Kaiser Maximilian this month, the restaurant's regular menu, featuring Austrian delights, is available in the restaurant's air conditioned dining room as well as at the "very European" sidewalk tables.
Open Monday-Saturday from 8 am to 11 pm for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Kaiser Maximilian Restaurant & Cafe is located at Olas Altas #38B in the Zona Romántica of Puerto Vallarta. For reservations call (322) 223-0760 or visit KaiserMaximilian.com
Click HERE to read more about Kaiser Maximilian.