The biggest event and fundraiser for the year for Biblioteca Los Mangos is almost here. Mark your agendas for Friday, January 28, 2010. The doors officially open at 6 pm, but if you would like to arrive around 5:30 pm to have a drink and peruse the silent auction items, you are welcome to!
A Few Highlights:
• Lounge area - Have a rest, have a chat, rest the feet and enjoy a yummy plate of food and a drink. Small items for sale in the Lounge area including tiles for the library, bookmarks, T-shirts and a few other doo-dads.
• Raffle - Instant winners! Think "scratch off lottery tickets!" No waiting around to try and hear a number called at the end of the evening. Win your prize(s) right away, collect and then, buy more tickets if you wish!
• Delicious food - A wide variety of botanas and snacks, all donated by local area restaurants, hotels and even some of our private chefs in the area.
• Drinks - Mojitos will be the drink of the evening. These, along with wine, soft drinks and Jamaica will wet your whistle.
• Silent Auction - Just wait until you see the gigantic variety of items available. Jump in to a silent bidding battle with your friends. And this year, only one closing time!
• Fixed Price items - Weekend escapes, Botox treatments, tours – an endless list...
• Art Auction - Decorate your home or office by outbidding someone else for a unique piece of artwork by local artists.
• Pre-register - Save time in lines for registering by PRE registering prior to the event. Send your name, email and phone number to pamela(at)healthcareresourcespv.com.
• "Raise the Paddle" - Bid on various items needed for the library – from windows to computer screens.
Again, please remember that Los Mangos Library is not "just a library." It is a true community and cultural center. By joining in the event, you will be able to give back to our community. Folks, the coffers are nearly empty – so please, enjoy a marvelous evening filled with fun items, friends, food, drink and fun!
For further information, please contact Pamela Thompson at 044-322-107-7007 or pamela(at)healthcareresourcespv.com.
Biblioteca Los Mangos is located at Av. Francisco Villa 1001, Col Versalles, Puerto Vallarta. For more information, call (322) 224-9966, send an email to blm(at)prodigy.net.mx or visit blm.org.mx.