Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - The U.S. Consular Agency of Vallarta is requesting blood donations, B- negative or O- negative for an American citizen Herbert M. Heinstein, who is hospitalized at Amerimed Hospital. The local blood bank has no stock of the blood he needs. We are urgently seeking for donations.
Donations should be made in the name of Herbert Heinstein.
The blood bank is located at: San Javier Marina Hospital - Across from the Maritime Terminal in Vallarta. They are open from 7 am to 3 pm Monday through Friday.
General guidelines to donate blood are as follows:
• 18-65 years of age
• In good health
• Fast for 4-8 hours prior to donation
• No smoking for 4-8 hours prior to donation
• No alcohol 48 hours prior to donation
• No vaccinations within the last month
• No previous drug abuse (with needles), or risky sexual activity. (These are the rules by the blood bank here)
• No medications for 8 hours. No aspirin for 72 hours. (Call ahead to learn if the medications you are taking will disqualify you from donating)
• No current or recent infections
• No tattoos or no recent tattoos. (must be at least 2 years old)
• Not menstruating
• Not breast feeding
If you have any questions, please call the Blood Bank at San Javier Hospital (226-1010)
Please show up at the Hospital after 8 hours of fasting. Call blood bank in advance (226-1010) to confirm an appointment.If you donate blood, please call (222-0069) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the U.S. Consular Agency so that the donation can be verified with the local blood bank, and will be assigned to Herbert Heinstein.