Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - How the time flies when you live in paradise. Would you believe it's already time to begin thinking about Christmas?
That being said, it is also time to start thinking about those who live in the same city that we do, but are not nearly so fortunate - those who need our help so that they may enjoy some of the things we take for granted.
Each year from November 15th through December 15th SETAC conducts a Toy Drive to benefit the children of families impacted by the HIV/AIDS pandemic. Santa and his helpers (the staff at the clinic) will hand out the donated toys at the Christmas fiesta held at the CAPASITS Clinic - "Posada At CAPASITS."
SETAC needs your help to put smiles on the faces of these children who otherwise may not have any Christmas, due to the challenges their families face every day because of their illness.
This very worthwhile cause also helps to raise awareness to the fact that HIV does not discriminate. Persons of every race, age, social status, and sexual preference are affected by the virus. These children are born from teenage and heterosexual moms who, because of carelessness and ignorance, were infected. Information is prevention.
You can deposit your donation of unwrapped toys until December 15th in special boxes located at the following businesses in Puerto Vallarta:
• El Mole De Jovita, Basilio Badillo #220
• Encuentros Lounge, Lázaro Cárdenas #312
• Frida Bar, Insurgentes #301
• Hotel Mercurio, Francisca Rodriguez #168
• Lavanderia Express, Basilio Badillo #329-C
• Langostinos, Los Muertos Beach
• Palmera Vacation, Rodolfo Gómez #106
• Page in the Sun, Lázaro Cárdenas #179
• Pet Home/ Veterinaria, Constitucion
• Safari Accents, Olas Altas #224
• SETAC, Constitucion #427
• Sofa Café, Venustiano Carranza #306
• Studio Tattoo, Basilio Badillo #313
• Torre Malibú, Paseo De Las Garzas #168
• Tropicasa Real State, Púlpito #145
• VIP Autolavado, Rio de la Plata #29
• Yoga Vallarta, Basilio Badillo #325-3
There will be special events announced for the Toy Drive at:
• Bar Los Amigos, Venustiano Carranza # 239
• Cc Slaughters, Lazaro Cardenas #254
• Equipales, Lázaro Cárdenas #315
• Pacos Ranch, Ignacio Luis Vallarta #278
Thank you for being an important part of this very worthwhile cause and a big THANKS! to all the business who participate in SETAC's Toy Drive 2013!
CAPASITS is a center in Puerto Vallarta for the prevention and treatment of AIDS and sexually transmitted diseases, whose state-of-the-art clinic was built in 2006. Before CAPASITS, HIV complications in Vallarta meant a 5-hour ambulance ride to Guadalajara.
With support coming from the federal HIV ministry, the state department of health, the municipal government, and the AIDS Healthcare Foundation based in Los Angeles, CAPASITS became the first center devoted to treating and preventing the spread of the HIV in our area. The clinic focuses primarily on medical care: diagnostics, testing and medicine distribution.
The purpose of the SETAC Community Center, located at Constitucion #427 and the corner of Manuel Dieguez on the South side of Puerto Vallarta, is to provide essential services to the community, including physical and mental health treatment, referrals, and education in an atmosphere of safety, free from discrimination. For more information, contact Paco Arjona at (322) 224-1974 or paco(at)setac.com.mx.
Click HERE to learn more about Centro Comunitario SETAC.