Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - For the second time, 500px is launching the call for the Worldwide Photo Walk. On Saturday, September 6th, thousands of photographers around the world will participate in this incredible event. Here in Puerto Vallarta we are ready and waiting for the day that we'll join this growing community of photographers.
The theme for this Photo Walk is "Patterns and Symbols." We see patterns and symbols everywhere around us - in the multitudes of people, cars in traffic jams, patterns in nature, etc., so we will be capturing everything that is relative to the theme.
Vallarta Photo Walk Route:
The meeting point will be at the "Origen y Destino" sculpture right in front of La Bodeguita del Medio on the Malecón at 6:00 pm. From there we will walk along the boardwalk to Sr. Frogs and up to the lookout at the Matamoros Street lighthouse, where we'll stop for a moment so that everyone can take their pictures. Then we'll continue down to Gringo Gulch and across the bridge that leads to the Cuale Cultural Center. We'll walk all the way down the Rio Cuale Island to the Malecón extension bridge, follow the beach walk down to the Zona Romantica, and finish the photo excursion at the world-famous Los Muertos Pier.
• Before leaving home check to make sure you haven't forget anything, your photographic equipment, battery, memory cards and anything else you might need.
• Remember this is a WALK and your comfort is very important. Take some extra time to select some cool and comfortable clothes to wear.
• Do not forget that shoes are very important. We suggest you wear sneakers or comfortable walking shoes.
• Using a tripod is personal decision, but don't forget you have to carry it all day!
• Attitude is an indispensable element. No matter what kind of equipment you have, remember that every day you can see something different and learn new things.
This event is NOT just for photographers, it is for all those who are passionate about photography. Do you dare to join us with your phone? WELCOME! No matter what kind of camera you use the important thing is having a good time taking photos alongside others who are passionate about this art form. Do you have friends that you would like to come along? Invite them to be part of this global event!