Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - New York City is known for its skyscrapers, Times Square, Broadway musicals, Wall Street... and its food. It is a hotbed of culinary fusion. NYC is not only a depot for cuisines from around the world, but the place where many important dishes originated, if not by pure invention, then as uniquely compelling adaptations of things that migrated in from elsewhere.
During the 20th Annual Festival Gourmet in Puerto Vallarta, Kaiser Maximilian Restaurant featured some of the iconic foods of New York City. Chef and Owner Andreas Rupprechter, Executive Chef Juan Carlos Palomera and Guest Chef Chris Bradley from New York City created a special menu highlighting NYC cuisine especially for the 20th annual event.
The XX Festival Gourmet may have ended on November 23rd, but you can enjoy the NYC menu at Kaiser Maximilian until December 13, 2014. Some of these items may even become part of the restaurant's regular menu!
• Salmon Pastrami with potato latke, beets, red onions, cucumbers
• Waldorf Salad made with chicory, apples, celery, grapes & a honey-walnut vinaigrette
• Roasted Carrots with quinoa, spiced pumpkin seeds & a mint-yogurt dressing
• Steak Tartare with Jerusalem artichokes, mushrooms & capers
• Manhattan Clam Chowder with gnocchi, bacon & smoked tomato
• Seared Foie Gras with pear Tarte Tatin, almonds and a rum caramel
• Roasted Red Snapper served with a sauce ŕ la Wenberg, celery, fennel & spinach
• Grilled Mahi-Mahi with curried cauliflower, cashews, raisins & parsley
• Seared Scallops over polenta, braised romaine, roasted tomato & prosciutto
• Roasted Duck Breast with turnips, butternut squash & buckwheat risotto
• Delmonico Steak with fingerling potato au gratin, creamed kale & a Bordelaise sauce
• Grilled Lamb Chop and Sausage with chickpeas, eggplant, olives, feta & arugula
• General Tso’s Tofu tossed with broccoli, barley fried rice & peanuts
• NY Cheesecake with raspberry, blueberry & basil
• Caramel Semifreddo with a chocolate macaroon, hazelnut praline & espresso hot fudge
• Coconut Panna Cotta with mango, passion fruit & granola
Open Monday-Saturday from 8 am to 11 pm for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Kaiser Maximilian Restaurant & Cafe is located at Olas Altas #38B in the Zona Romántica of Puerto Vallarta. For reservations call (322) 223-0760 or visit KaiserMaximilian.com
Click HERE to read more about Kaiser Maximilian.