Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - On Saturday, September 26th, thousands of photographers around the world will participate in the Third Annual 500px Fujifilm Worldwide Photo Walk. Here in Puerto Vallarta, we are official hosts of the #500pxGPW15 event and on the list of participating cities for the second year in a row.
You don't have to be a professional photographer to participate, just bring the camera you have (DSLR, compact camera, or even your cell phone!) and come have fun. You'll enjoy getting to know the city better, learning from other photographers, making new friends and, of course, taking amazing and inspiring pictures.
Vallarta Photo Walk Route:
The meeting point will be at the Parque Lineal Rivera del Río Pitillal at 10:00 am. From there we will continue through the gardens of Fluvial Vallarta and walk all the way to Holi Beach, before making our way back the meeting point. Click HERE to see the route map.
• Before leaving home check to make sure you haven't forget anything, your photographic equipment, battery, memory cards, water, and anything else you might need.
• Remember this is a WALK and your comfort is very important. Take some extra time to select some cool and comfortable clothes to wear.
• Do not forget that shoes are very important. We suggest you wear sneakers or comfortable walking shoes.
• Using a tripod is personal decision, but don't forget you have to carry it all day!
• Attitude is an indispensable element. No matter what kind of equipment you have, remember that every day you can see something different and learn new things.
This event is NOT just for photographers, it is for all those who are passionate about photography. Do you dare to join us with your phone? WELCOME! No matter what kind of camera you use, the most important thing is to have a good time taking photos alongside others who are passionate about this art form. Do you have friends that you would like to come along? Invite them to be part of this global event!
For more information, visit the Facebook event page.
At 9:00 pm, The Jazz Foundation will present the PhotoWalk Puerto Vallarta group's second collective exhibition, featuring photographs taken by Geovanni Trujillo, Danya Soto, Juanfra Contreras, Miguel Loeza, Shanti Gilbert and Miguel Naranjo. The Jazz Foundation is located at Allende #166, directly across from La Bodeguita del Medio on the Malecón in downtown Puerto Vallarta. Entrance is free. For more information, visit the Photo Collective 2 event page on Facebook.Translated and edited by María Francesca for BanderasNews.com.