Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - Vallarta's only dinner theater has been working all summer on a renovation upstairs at Nacho Daddy, 287 Basilio Badillo. The Boutique Dinner Theater welcomes everyone to a season of new shows, and updated favorites.
When completed, the multi-use entertainment space will boast 72 seats, a bigger stage, new roof, and an enlarged seating capacity with no obstructed views. "No seat is more than two tables away from the stage," said Ken Sebryk, the theater manager. "We've got new seats and tables, new upstairs bathrooms, air-conditioning, and a new outdoor smoking balcony overlooking the south side's vibrant Basilio Badillo."
The Boutique Dinner Theater is pleased to announce its 2014-15 season of plays, concerts, and many other shows.
Quality dinners will be served at 5 pm, with the shows at 6 pm - except on Wednesdays, when no dinner is served and the show is at 7:30 pm. Diners can choose a steak, chicken, or vegetarian meal - or order from the Nacho Daddy's famous "Mex-Tex" menu. Tickets can be ordered for dinner and a show, or for the show only.
The Boutique's first show in its new home this season will be an original musical evening, "Where the Boys Are: A Tribute to Connie Francis." Mikki Prost, whose Patsy Cline tribute shows throughout PV nearly always sell out, has put together a new show for Connie Francis fans. The curtain rises at 6 pm on Mondays, Nov. 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30.
"Forever Patsy Cline," heading into its fifth season, will make you sing along to your favorite Patsy tunes. You'll also learn some additional songs, recently discovered by the show's star and creator, Mikki Prost. "I'll also have a surprise or two about Patsy's life, as well as my own adventures this summer," Prost said. "I got the chance to go to The Grand Ole Opry. I can't wait to tell you the stories... you are gonna be so tickled." "Forever" plays November 3, 10, 17 and 24.
The Boutique is delighted to bring you a series of shows from Rob Knight, the internationally popular Elvis Presley tribute artist. Rob Knight is a Pacific Northwest Champion Elvis Tribute Artist. His shows are scheduled Wednesdays and Sundays, November 4 through April 27:
"Elvis: The Concert Years" plays the following Wednesdays: Nov. 4, 11, 18; Dec. 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30; Jan. 13 and 20; Feb. 3, 10 and 17; March 2, 9, 16 and 23; and April 6, 13, 20 and 27. These are the special Wednesday shows set for curtain at 7:30 pm. "The Concert Years" show can also be seen Sundays, Nov. 29, Jan. 31, Feb. 21, and March 13, where dinner is served at 5 pm before the shows at 6:00.
• "Elvis Inspirational Gospel Tribute" will put you in a spiritual, musical mood, Sundays, Nov. 8 and 22, Dec. 6, 20 and 27, Jan. 24, Feb. 7 and 28, March 6 and 27, April 10 and 24.
• "This is Elvis: You Asked For It" presents the most requested songs, Sundays, Nov. 15, Dec. 13, Jan. 3 and 17, March 20, April 3 and 17.
• "Elvis Our Way" is your chance to see two award-winning Elvis tribute artists in one night, "Taking Care of Business in Memory of Elvis." Rob Knight shares the stage for two shows only with Dino Macris, known in the Elvis tribute artist world as "The Velvet Voice." Dino Macris is a three-time champion Elvis Tribute Artist. The Concert Years-themed show is Jan. 6 at 7:30 pm, and the Inspirational/Gospel show will take the stage at 6 pm on January 10.
• Sweethearts will want to add to their calendars, the special Valentine's Day Elvis show - when else? - but February 14.
Theater-lovers will want to stay tuned for information on the following plays, "Headlines," and "Soapicide." Later in the season, the longtime favorite play, "The Importance of Being Earnest" will go up.
"The Tomorrow Box" is a play to be directed by Ralph Hyman, who is returning after directing "Chatting with the Tea Party" last season at The Boutique.
A radio-style Christmas show will fill theater audiences with lots of holiday cheer in late December.
For a special New Year's celebration, comedy-magician Todd Diamond will return to The Boutique for a limited engagement, starting New Year's Eve. This two-week run will feature new comedy, magic, and mind-reading to entertain and mystify. Local reviewer Gary Beck, of Beck's Best, called it "A show that makes you laugh and shake your head... how did he do that?" Magic Island Entertainment Director Scott Hollingsworth said, "Todd Diamond... is a charismatic and a dynamic act that I personally recommend."
Tribute shows for Garth Brooks, and Buddy Holly, are scheduled, and the local "Time 2 Play" band will also be returning.
"The Widows of Pancho Villa" is a reader's theater play, written and directed by RosAngelica Moreno. Moreno is also the author of "Fearless Women Who Changed Mexico's History" in 2012 at the Paradise Community Center. The Boutique will present this show sometime in February.
You can always find out more about The Boutique Dinner Theater on Facebook. Anyone wishing to audition or get involved with the Boutique Theater may contact Catherine Beeghly at Catherine(at)boutiquetheatre.org.
So Much Going On at Nacho Daddy
• Saturday, Oct. 31, is the blowout Halloween bash and seventh annual birthday party for Nacho Daddy. "You'll feel left out if you don't come wearing a costume," said Tammy Prust, owner of Nacho Daddy.
• Swing by and check out the specials board, updated daily, for events happening every day at Nacho Daddy. A different lunch special is served from 11 am to 3 pm, and Happy Hour happens every day, promptly from 4-6 pm.
The upstairs of Nacho Daddy has a big reputation for it live music for dancing, with no cover charge, most nights of the week, starting at 8:30 pm.
• Thursday nights, enjoy soulful and fun-loving songs by Chris Kenny, Puerto Vallarta's popular guitar player and songstress, and her band.
• On Friday nights, start the weekend out with some gritty blues favorites of the Texas Embassy Blues Band, fronted by Nacho Daddy owner, Sean Moore.
• Saturday night showcases rockin' hits of yesteryear by The Zippers, led by Sylvie Scopazzo and her band.
• The oh-so-danceable Gecko Band is also in the line-up, Monday nights.
Moore said to watch for an exciting and entertaining new music show coming for Tuesday nights in November.Awarded TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence in 2014, Nacho Daddy Mexico is the premier sports bar and restaurant in Puerto Vallarta. Open daily from 11 am to 12 am for lunch, dinner, live music (with no cover charge!) and lots of fun, this popular south side hangout is located at Basilio Badillo #287, only two blocks off the beach in the heart of the Romantic Zone. Credit cards accepted. For more information, visit NachoDaddyPV.com, or become a fan on their Facebook Page for promotions, daily specials and more.
Click HERE to learn more about Nacho Daddy Mexico Restaurant & Sports Bar.