Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - Market day is almost here (Saturday), and we have all sorts of unique "make it, bake it, grow it" experiences to enjoy. In fact, we have 90+ stalls featuring farm-fresh produce, regional plants and flowers, fine jewelry and clothing, natural body products, traditional Mexican hand crafts and beautiful art pieces.
While you are browsing through the vendor stands, be sure to satisfy your palate with the market's sweet and savory bites and beverages!
• Chilean Whole Grain Bread
• Artisan Bakery (sourdough breads, pastries)
• Hecho en Mexico Pasteleria (breads & gluten-free)
• Corn Flan (baked goods, gluten-free & dairy-free)
• Panadería Colín (traditional Mexican breads, pastries)
• Paninos Artisan Bakery (sourdough breads, pastries)
• Vallarta Bagel World (bagels, breads, cinnamon buns)
Mexico's traditional tamales make the perfect on-the-go meal. Gourmet options are available at Tamal Gourmet. Tamales y Empanadas Angel also serves up tasty tamales along with flaky empanadas.
Teosintle y/o Pozole Dona Lucy stirs up traditional Mexican green pozole, while Perros Locos dishes homemade sausages and French fries. And, if you're in the mood for a more European take on to-go foods, try the British-style pies, quiches and pastries found at The Leek and Thistle Pie Company.
Get a Little Saucy
Smother, marinade and dip your market finds in the saucy goodness found at the OTFM-TC. Jams, jellies, chutneys and sauces can be found at Jan's Specialty Condiments. You can get dips, salsas and infused oils at Los Sabores de Cristy. Miriam's Mexican Kitchen will wow your taste buds with pestos, sauces, and condiments. Pickle lovers will appreciate Muy Green pickles and dips.
And if you crave Italian, you can pick up fresh pasta and sauces from Pasta Fresca Santa Lucía as well as Italian liquors, dried pasta, sauces, and infused oils from La Dolceria Produzione Italiana.
For a healthy digestive system, go for fermented foods and natural vinegars crafted by Small World Probiotics. Then power up your salad with fresh spouts and dressings made by Shining Sprouts. (And just so that you're not the next meal for pesky mosquitoes, try Shining Sprouts' Natural Mosquito Repellent.)
International Food Court
Kick back and enjoy a smorgasbord of fun flavors at the International Food Court:
• Bites of India
• Comida Taiwanesa (Taiwanese foods as well as green and red tea)
• El Taco Ranchero (burritos, quesadillas, tacos and huaraches)
• La Mexicana (traditional Mexican foods made in clay pots)
• Narisa's Thai Food
• Veggie Table (vegan hamburgers, al pastor, falafels and sticky buns)
Pair your entrees with these fine beverages:
• Jugos y Aguas Gloria's (fresh juices and all-natural aguas frescas)
• Zumo Fresh (freshly squeezed orange, lime and grapefruit juices)
• Café Yolanda Superior del Pacifico S.A. de C.V. (hot coffee and organic coffee beans)
• El Fortin de San Sebastian (coffee, marmalades, dressings, chutney and salsas)
The Sweet Stuff
Chocolate fans will love Xocodiva Artisan Chocolates' confections and chocolate covered bananas. Get a little nutty with candied nuts from Mr. Pistaches and nut butters and cookies from Cacahuate Carlos.
Meet the Market
The OTFM-TC is a North American style market that celebrates the tradition and culture of Mexico's outdoor Tianguis markets. It is also a registered non-profit/association civil organization that focuses on nurturing the entrepreneurial spirit of Puerto Vallartans. All OTFM-TC products are either locally grown or handmade within 75 kilometers of the city.
Interested in becoming a new OTFM-TC vendor or volunteer? Stop by the information booth to pick up an application.For market updates in English - and now in Spanish - please visit OldTownFM.com, and "like" us on Facebook.
Click HERE to learn more about the Puerto Vallarta Old Town Farmers' Market.