Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - It's a common daydream. Thinking about picking up and leaving the rat-race behind to live where the sun is shining and the living is easy. Or a dream retirement where the people are as warm as the sunshine and the cost of living allows your retirement income to stretch further than it ever would at home.
That daydream is becoming a reality in record numbers, as more and more foreigners are leaving home and moving to Mexico. But before buying a home in Puerto Vallarta, have you really thought about if expat life is right for you? Here are some questions to ask yourself:
1. How adaptable am I? If you are a creature of habit, adjusting to expat life may be a little harder. Living in Puerto Vallarta means that almost everything that you have at home by way of goods and services, are available to you, although sometimes in different formats or manners. But if changes to your regular routine frustrate you, expat life may not be for you.
2. Are you willing to learn a new language? English is widely spoken in Puerto Vallarta, but if you are going to live in Puerto Vallarta, learning at least a little bit broadens your experience, social circle and ability to manage day-to-day tasks.
3. Are you ready to make new friends? The expat lifestyle is very social and foreigners in Puerto Vallarta form bonds, both in person and via online groups. These relationships help for supporting each other and for providing companionship.
4. How transferable are your skills or income? If you are thinking about retiring in Puerto Vallarta, have you budgeted what type of lifestyle you can afford on your retirement savings? If you are still working age, can you work remotely from your current job or are your skills transferable to being able to work in Mexico? Remember, if you plan on working in Mexico, you must receive a job offer and apply for a work Visa prior to leaving your home country.
5. Have you done your research? There are hundreds off websites and online forums that can help you figure out the logistics of moving to Puerto Vallarta. Google is absolutely your best friend when considering turning the dream into a reality.
So are you ready to make the move and start your tropical lifestyle in Mexico? Our experienced agents can help you not only with real estate in Puerto Vallarta, but with navigating all the requirements of becoming a homeowner in Mexico and welcoming you to your new life in Banderas Bay. Contact a Tropicasa real estate agent to find your dream home in Mexico today!
Click HERE for more information about Puerto Vallarta real estate and PV's laid-back lifestyle from Tropicasa Realty.
Since 1997, Wayne Franklin and his team at Tropicasa Realty have been a trusted name in Puerto Vallarta real estate. Tropicasa Realty is the region's representative for "The Leading Agents of the World" and with over 100 years of combined experience in real estate, all agents of the company are affiliated with AMPI. Wayne Franklin or any member of his knowledgeable team can be contacted in-person at their Romantic Zone Office - Pulpito 145-A at Olas Altas. While in PV they can be reached at (322) 222-6505 or by calling 866-978-5539 (Toll-Free) from the U.S.
Click HERE to learn more about Tropicasa Realty, or visit tropicasa.com.