Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - When was the last time you visited the beautiful town of San Francisco (San Pancho), Nayarit? When was the last time you took one of the nicest day-trips that you can make when you go "Up North?" Now is your opportunity!
On Friday, March 3, Entreamigos will celebrate 11 years of representing a bridge between cultures, providing educational opportunities for kids and families in San Francisco and the region through creativity, consciousness in environmental actions, love and commitment with the community, through the 9th Festival de Arte Infantil and community fair.
Housed in a giant warehouse in San Pancho, Nayarit, entreamigos is an active community center whose primary focus is to increase educational opportunities for the children of San Pancho, Nayarit, Mexico.
• It is recognized as a CECA by Semarnat: Educational Center with Environmental Consciousness
• It administrates several environmental educational programs throughout the community and in several public schools in the region.
• It has operated the biggest Collection Center on the Nayarit Coast, (a citizen initiative,) since 2010.
• It is a leader in solidarity tourism, more than 1000 international volunteers every year.
• It has a scholarship program that benefits the future of more than 85 young students.
• It hosts a large and beautiful library for kids and adults.
• It offers free classes and workshops for all ages.
The theme of this year's 9th Festival de Arte Infantil is "Descubre la Feria Ambiental" because of our commitment and search for creating and augmenting awareness about the importance of taking care of our environment, and how our actions and attitudes can change our daily lives, to promote a healthier, more loving life between ourselves and the world we live in.
Next Friday, March 3rd, we will showcase the work we do at Entreamigos: productive workshops, recreational and environmental games, story telling, amongst others. We also are collaborating with different organizations with alike purposes in environmental topics. It will be a representative, artsy and cultural event, with music and traditional cooking.We hope you can join us in an afternoon with discoveries and fun for the entire family, deepening the concept of sustainability and ways of participating to take care of our environment for a more creative, conscious and loving world!
Entreamigos primary focus is to increase educational opportunities for the children of San Pancho in Nayarit, Mexico. To achieve these goals Entreamigos runs an art collective non-profit store, a library, a computer center and a collection of educational and community based workshops and initiatives. Entreamigos is entirely funded by donations and almost completely run by volunteers. For more information, click HERE. To learn more about Entreamigos' programs and activities, please visit entreamigos.org.mx.