Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico - Only a short time after officially taking office, Donald Trump's presidency has already perhaps been one of the most controversial changes in leadership in American history. On whichever side of the political aisle you sit, if you are an American expat living in Mexico, a change in government can always bring some changes to rules and regulations which may affect you.
Here are a few issues that you will want to follow if you are a U.S. citizen living in Puerto Vallarta or on the Riviera Nayarit.
Policies Looking Good for Expats
• Offshore taxes – for those running small businesses in Mexico, there doesn't appear to be any upcoming changes. Trump's tax plans target offshore corporate tax rates and most small entrepreneurs are exempt from corporate tax.
• Foreign Earned Income Exclusion and the Foreign Tax Credit – as yet, neither of these has come under scrutiny and, to date, there have been no announcements that would lead to the belief that these policies will change.
• The Strong Dollar – buying power in Mexico continues to be unpreceded for those with access to US dollars in Mexico.
Issues to Watch
• Policies that will limit taking IRA funds out of country
• Possible limitations on foreign transfers
• Possible new restrictions on foreign investments
At Tropicasa Realty, we are dedicated to staying abreast of all changes to international policy and law as it relates to Puerto Vallarta real estate transactions. With 20 years of experience as a leading real estate agency in Puerto Vallarta, and with our own in-house legal department, you can put your trust in Tropicasa Realty.
Click HERE to learn more about Puerto Vallarta lifestyle from Tropicasa Realty.
Since 1997, Wayne Franklin and his team at Tropicasa Realty have been a trusted name in Puerto Vallarta real estate. Tropicasa Realty is the region's representative for "The Leading Agents of the World" and with over 100 years of combined experience in real estate, all agents of the company are affiliated with AMPI. Wayne Franklin or any member of his knowledgeable team can be contacted in-person at their Romantic Zone Office - Pulpito 145-A at Olas Altas. While in PV they can be reached at (322) 222-6505 or by calling 866-978-5539 (Toll-Free) from the U.S.
Click HERE to learn more about Tropicasa Realty, or visit tropicasa.com.