Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - Owning a home in Puerto Vallarta is an incredible investment, for both your lifestyle and real estate portfolio, so it's important to protect it with regular home maintenance. With April turning to May, and our rainy season just around the corner, now is the time to start preparing your Puerto Vallarta property for the summer.
Here's an easy pre-summer maintenance list for your home or condo in Puerto Vallarta:
• Air Conditioners – Schedule an appointment to have your air conditioners cleaned and checked, including a filter change. You should also have your units cleaned and checked for leaking water, to see noticeable savings on your utility bills.
• Paint Metalwork – With the summer rain, rust from metal bars on windows or doors will leave unattractive stains on your home's exterior paint. Now is the time to protect your metalwork with a base coat and a coat of paint.
• Screens – Protect your home from the insects of summer and vector-borne illnesses and check all the screens in your Puerto Vallarta condo or house for holes or tears.
• Drains – Without adequate drainage heavy summer flash rains can lead to flooding. Make sure your drains are free and clear of any debris, like leaves or trash.
• Fans – Now is the time to clean the buildup of dust on the blades of your ceiling fans, before you have them in steady use.
• Seal the Roof – flat roofs and Mexican tile roofs require sealing at least every 5 years to prevent leakage. Be sure to use a reputable company that offers a warranty on their work.
With a little preparation, your Puerto Vallarta real estate investment will be protected and you will stay cool and comfortable all summer long.
Click HERE for more Puerto Vallarta real estate and lifestyle tips from Tropicasa Realty.
Since 1997, Wayne Franklin and his team at Tropicasa Realty have been a trusted name in Puerto Vallarta real estate. Tropicasa Realty is the region's representative for "The Leading Agents of the World" and with over 100 years of combined experience in real estate, all agents of the company are affiliated with AMPI. Wayne Franklin or any member of his knowledgeable team can be contacted in-person at their Romantic Zone Office - Pulpito 145-A at Olas Altas. While in PV they can be reached at (322) 222-6505 or by calling 866-978-5539 (Toll-Free) from the U.S.
Click HERE to learn more about Tropicasa Realty, or visit tropicasa.com.