Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - A benefit of buying a second home in Puerto Vallarta or Rivera Nayarit is that the Banderas Bay region offers both a Canadian and an American consulate. While most people know that their consulate is their country's official representative, many people aren't fully aware of the services that their consulate can and cannot provide.
In case of routine paperwork, or in case of an emergency, being aware of what your consulate can do for you is important. Both consulates can provide the following services to Canadians and Americans living in Mexico:
• Passport services
• Contact your family, friends, or employers back home
• Help locate lost or missing travelers
• Provide information on local English-speaking doctors and local medical facilities
• In case of death, aid in reaching emergency contacts and returning the remains to Canada or the United States
• Provide emergency assistance if you're the victim of a crime; visit you in jail if you are detained; provide information regarding your rights under local law and legal procedures.
• Provide information on local English-speaking lawyers
• Notarize documents and supply governmental forms
In addition to these services, each consulate has other services they can provide, but there are limitations to their powers. To inform yourself fully about the authority of your consulate in Puerto Vallarta, follow the links below:
For most, consular emergency services are not something that will ever be needed, but if you are living full- or part-time in Puerto Vallarta or Riviera Nayarit, the ability to deal with passport issues or have documents authenticated here in the Banderas Bay area can be extremely convenient.
Click HERE for more Puerto Vallarta real estate and lifestyle tips from Tropicasa Realty.
Since 1997, Wayne Franklin and his team at Tropicasa Realty have been a trusted name in Puerto Vallarta real estate. Tropicasa Realty is a regional representative of Who's Who in Luxury Real Estate and, with over 100 years of combined experience in real estate, all agents of the company are affiliated with AMPI as well as being International members of the U.S. National Association of Realtors. Wayne Franklin or any member of his knowledgeable team can be contacted in-person at their Romantic Zone Office - Pulpito 145-A at Olas Altas. While in PV they can be reached at (322) 222-6505 or by calling 866-978-5539 (Toll-Free) from the U.S.
Click HERE to learn more about Tropicasa Realty, or visit tropicasa.com.