Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - As we transition into the summer season, people generally start running their air conditioners more frequently, and with that comes higher electricity bills. For those who own a home in Puerto Vallarta, switching to solar power is definitely an option with our sunny climate and several solar panel companies to choose from in the greater Banderas Bay area.
But is installing solar panels in your Puerto Vallarta property right for you? Here's a list of pros and cons to consider:
• A completely renewable energy source
• Significant savings on electricity costs
• Easy to maintain, requiring only cleaning a couple of times a year
• Adds significant resale value and buyer appeal to your real estate investment
• The initial cost to install is expensive.
• Although we have very sunny weather generally, a few days of overcast skies during rainy season could reduce your power availability.
• Panels require a lot of roof space and may be difficult to install on homes with pergolas or other architectural details.
Most of those living in Puerto Vallarta that have switched to solar panels don't go entirely "off the grid" and still have access to CFE (the electrical company) so they can switch between solar and standard electricity if need be.
But those homeowners who have decided to switch to solar see very impressive savings on their electricity bills and an immediate increase in the value of their home which, over time, will offset the initial investment. If you own property in Puerto Vallarta, it is certainly something to think about.
Click HERE for more Puerto Vallarta real estate and lifestyle tips from Tropicasa Realty.
Since 1997, Wayne Franklin and his team at Tropicasa Realty have been a trusted name in Puerto Vallarta real estate. Tropicasa Realty is a regional representative of Who's Who in Luxury Real Estate and, with over 100 years of combined experience in real estate, all agents of the company are affiliated with AMPI as well as being International members of the U.S. National Association of Realtors. Wayne Franklin or any member of his knowledgeable team can be contacted in-person at their Romantic Zone Office - Pulpito 145-A at Olas Altas. While in PV they can be reached at (322) 222-6505 or by calling 866-978-5539 (Toll-Free) from the U.S.
Click HERE to learn more about Tropicasa Realty, or visit tropicasa.com.