Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - With summer temperatures here, many Puerto Vallarta property owners are looking for ways to keep their homes cool without relying on air-conditioning. Whether your home doesn't have air conditioning, or you are looking to keep utility bills low by using the AC sparingly, we have some simple tips to keep your home cool and fresh.
• Keep the blinds closed in rooms that you are not using, especially if you have blackout curtains. Up to 30% of heat comes into your home through the windows, so just simply closing the blinds goes a long way in keeping your Puerto Vallarta home cooler.
• Put a bowl of ice in front of a table fan and... voilà... homemade air-conditioning as the fan blows the cool air coming off the ice into the rest of the house.
• Invest in some high quality, 100% cotton sheets and buckwheat pillows, both of which will keep your body temperature lower during the summer nights.
• Set your fans to rotate counter-clockwise to create a breezier airflow.
• Keep the cooking outside. Get creative and get grilling on the patio or terrace and keep the oven and stovetop off, to avoid added heat in your home.
In Puerto Vallarta, summer temperatures are higher, but with them come our incredible thunder and lightening shows and impressive tropical rains that break the heat and turn our jungles green and lush.
With these simple tips (and maybe some ice-cream in the freezer) you will manage to get by during the warmer months without any problems.
Click HERE for more Puerto Vallarta real estate and lifestyle tips from Tropicasa Realty.
Since 1997, Wayne Franklin and his team at Tropicasa Realty have been a trusted name in Puerto Vallarta real estate. Tropicasa Realty is a regional representative of Who's Who in Luxury Real Estate and, with over 100 years of combined experience in real estate, all agents of the company are affiliated with AMPI as well as being International members of the U.S. National Association of Realtors. Wayne Franklin or any member of his knowledgeable team can be contacted in-person at their Romantic Zone Office - Pulpito 145-A at Olas Altas. While in PV they can be reached at (322) 222-6505 or by calling 866-978-5539 (Toll-Free) from the U.S.
Click HERE to learn more about Tropicasa Realty, or visit tropicasa.com.