Riviera Nayarit, Mexico - Karen Souza, one of the leading singers in the world of contemporary jazz, is headlining the 1st Riviera Nayarit Jazz Festival 2018 with her Velvet Vault Tour, offering top hits from her musical repertoire.
The event will take place on Friday, November 16th at the Jardín Palmeiras in Nuevo Vallarta, the ideal place for an intimate musical evening, sensual and classy, much like the concerts offered by the singer herself.
The organizers shared event details during a press conference. In addition to Souza, two local artists will be part of the lineup: Santiago Venegas and the Blue Birds, represented by their singer, Lozana Díaz.
Israel Guerrero, managing director of the organizing committee, reiterated that although the concert was originally billed for tourists and foreign residents, it was a refreshing surprise to see how interested the local youths were in attending, as well.
Jesús Carmona, president of the Bahía de Banderas Hotel and Motel Association, indicated diversity is very important for the destination and the Riviera Nayarit works on a daily basis to achieve it via musical, sporting, and cultural events, as well as by hosting important conventions. This is why the CVB continually supports and encourages diversity within the destination's activities.
Silvia Duarte, Groups and Events manager for the Riviera Nayarit CVB, announced that 30% of the concert ticket sales will be earmarked for the victims of hurricane Willa in northern Nayarit, including the towns of Tuxpan, Tecuala, Acaponeta, and San Blas.
• Karen Souza will be accompanied on stage by her musicians as well as the traditional jazz trio: piano, double bass, and saxophone.
• The concert begins at 8 pm and will last approximately 3 hours. It will open with Santiago Venegas and the Blue Birds.
• Tickets are on sale at Notaría Careaga in Paradise Village and Súper Colchones at Plaza Lago Real in Bahía de Banderas, as well as at Plaza Galerías in Puerto Vallarta and the Súper Colchones in Marina Vallarta.
• Cost: $1,500 pesos for general admission; $2,000 for intermediate seating; and $3,000 for preferred seating; all tickets include open international bar and hors d'oeuvres.
• For information and tickets, call 322-104-3924 or email jazzrivieranayarit(at)gmail.com.
About Karen Souza
Karen Souza was born in Argentina but established her career in the United States. Throughout her years on stage she concentrated on transforming rock and pop classics into more subtle, soft tones, easy on the ears, focusing on the Bossa Nova style with a low pitched voice that caresses the ear and slips into the unconscious.
Although she's known for her jazz hits from the 70s, 80s, and 90s, she has added her own repertoire including Paris, Break my Heart, and Lie To Me.
Velvet Vault is the fourth studio album released by Souza within the jazz and bossa nova genres, produced by her in collaboration with Japanese musician, Toku. It includes versions of hits by Amy Winehouse (Valerie), Elton John (Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me), and 10cc (I'm Not in Love).Original article