Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - When you buy a condo in Puerto Vallarta, a strong Homeowners Association (HOA) is one of the key components to ensure a peaceful living environment, a well-maintained building, and to protect the value of your Mexican real estate investment. But what should you do if you run into an issue or disagreement with the HOA of your building? We have a few tips to help.
• Read the rules. Make sure that you are thoroughly familiar with your building's Bylaws, as well as the Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions, so you will understand the guidelines. You will also find information on how those rules can be amended, if you find them to be unreasonable.
• Contact your neighbors in the building. They may have the same frustration and be willing to support you in future action.
• Document your conflict and all communications made when trying to correct the issue. Send emails rather make telephone calls, so there is no confusion as to the history of communications.
• Don't stop paying your maintenance fees during the period of dispute.
• Via registered letter or email, request a hearing on your issue. Back up your request with any documentation, evidence or a petition from your neighbors regarding the issue.
Remember that the members of your HOA board are your neighbors who are volunteering in the greater interest of protecting the value of their property, your property and the common property of your building, and remember to be calm and professional in all interactions, even when you're frustrated.
A good Homeowners Association is a great asset in protecting your enjoyment of your Puerto Vallarta property and protecting, and increasing, its market value. Keep in mind that, generally, most disputes can be resolved to a very reasonable compromise - if not to your total satisfaction.Click HERE for more Puerto Vallarta real estate and lifestyle tips from Tropicasa Realty.
Since 1997, Wayne Franklin and his team at Tropicasa Realty have been a trusted name in Puerto Vallarta real estate. Tropicasa Realty is the region's representative for "The Leading Agents of the World" and with over 100 years of combined experience in real estate, all agents of the company are affiliated with AMPI. Wayne Franklin or any member of his knowledgeable team can be contacted in-person at their Romantic Zone Office - Pulpito 145-A at Olas Altas. While in PV they can be reached at (322) 222-6505 or by calling 866-978-5539 (Toll-Free) from the U.S.
Click HERE to learn more about Tropicasa Realty, or visit tropicasa.com.