News from Around Banderas Bay | April 2008
|87 Distintivo "H" Awards in Vallarta|
The Distintivo "H" program, an initiative of Mexico's Health Department, is based on requirements established by the World Health Organization and aimed at food and beverage service providers looking to improve the quality of their offerings through better hygiene practices in the process of handling, storing, and preparing food and beverages.
Establishments looking to receive the distinction must voluntarily request an inspection of their operations. Obtaining a Distintivo "H" award is recognizing the effort made by hotels and restaurants that are committed to raising their standards of hygiene and quality.
In 2007, 85 hotels and restaurants in Puerto Vallarta received the Distintivo "H" award. In the first three months of 2008, two Puerto Vallarta establishments obtained a renewal of their Distintivo "H" certification and 2 new establishments received the distinction for the first time.
Material from the Puerto Vallarta Tourism Board is included in this report.
As one of Mexico's most attractive destinations, Puerto Vallarta's steady growth has been accompanied by improved services, an extensive expansion of its infrastructure and an increasing number of cultural activities to better serve both the growing number of travelers who visit Puerto Vallarta every year, and the city's ever-growing population.
Click on the links below for more information.
• Mexico Comes to Life in Puerto Vallarta
• Vallarta Maritime Terminal Expansion
• Airport Expansion Gives PV Competitive Edge
• Puerto Vallarta Convention Center Update
• Preservation of Puerto Vallarta's Historic Center
• Yes, You Can Drink the Water!
• 87 Distintivo "H" Awards in Vallarta
• Combining Art and Multimedia Information
• Puerto Vallarta Events - 2008 and Beyond