Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - It's going to be a busy week for PuRR Project, the non-profit, no-kill feline shelter just north of Puerto Vallarta that provides homeless cats and kittens a recuperative stay with the ultimate goal of adopting them out to loving homes sterilized, vaccinated and disease free.
PuRR Project now has over 150 adorable cats and kittens in residence. Donations and fund raising events are the only source of financing to provide food, shelter and veterinary care for these rescued animals, so join us for these two PuRRfectly wonderful events!
Cocktails, Tangos, Psychics and Sunsets
Come out and enjoy cocktails, an exciting performance by the Tango Vallarta dancers, and one of Vallarta's spectacular sunsets at Daiquiri Dick's on Tuesday, March 21, at 6:00 pm. Tickets are just $450 pesos, which includes: two drinks, an array of yummy hors d'oeurves, a raffle for great prizes, and gratuity for your wait-staff. You can also have an intuitive reading for just $100 pesos, so bring a question (or two!) for the psychic.
The raffle is one of the main attractions of this evening of fun and friendship. Just check out the prizes you could win:
• Cooking Class for 4 donated by The Gringo Gourmet - value: $4000 pesos/$204 USD
• Silver & Amethyst Cat Earrings – donated by June Rosen Lopez - $1175 pesos/$60 USD
• "Cowboy Life in Montana Mountains" Artist's Proof donated by Maggy Deike - $2200 pesos/$112 USD
• Cartier-type Necklace – donated by Char Bailey-Crowe - $3500 pesos/$175 USD
• Talavera Tray – donated by Banderas Bay Trading Company - $2000 pesos/$102 USD
• Food-Tasting & Cultural Walking Tour for 2 – donated by Vallarta Food Tours - $2000 pesos/$102 USD
• 30-Minute Psychic Reading – donated by Lotus Flower Intuitive Readings - $600 pesos/$30 USD
• One Night Stay for Two at Casa Isabel – $3700 pesos/$189 USD
• Four Tickets to Kim Kuzma Show at The Palm Cabaret - $2000 pesos/$102 USD
• Shaman Painting ("Galeria del Gatos") donated by Lynn Madsen - $2500 pesos/$128 USD
Tickets are on sale now at Daiquiri Dick's or by contacting Marilyn at exkhan(at)usfamily.net.
The Season's LAST Purr Project Ranch Tour
There are still seats available for the season's LAST Purr Project Ranch Tour on Wednesday, March 22! The 10-passenger air-conditioned van will leave Superior Tours' office at Plaza Romy in Old Town at 9:00 am, or VIPS Restaurant by the Marina Walmart at 9:20 am.
In addition to meeting all 150 cats and kittens up close and personal, we're now including a short stop in San Juan de Valle, a charming little Mexican town near the ranch. We've discovered a great taco stand where you can have lunch if you wish. We'll have you back at your pick-up point by 1:30 pm.
Reserving your spot is a breeze. Just go to PurrProject.com, and click on 'Shelter Visits' at the top of the page. You'll find all the info you need about visiting the ranch, or you can contact our Tour Director, Bob Doelger, at visit(at)purrproject.com.
The cost is only $300 pesos if you pay on the van or $20 USD if you pay on-line by PayPal. Please note that these tours have been completely funded so every peso of your donation goes directly to the care of the cats residing at the ranch.
Come out and pet, cuddle, hug, nuzzle, pamper, and snuggle to your heart's content!
PuRR Project is a Non-Profit shelter in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico that provides homeless cats and kittens a recuperative stay with the ultimate goal to adopt them out to loving homes. All of our residents have been sterilized, vaccinated and are disease free. We accomplish this through our own efforts as well as collaboratively with other animal welfare organizations. Both monetary donations as well as donations of dry cat food are most welcome – and much appreciated. For more information, visit PuRRProject.com or send an email to info(at)PurrProject.com.